Filed under: iPhone 技術交流
Posted: 23 Sep 2008 04:59 AM PDT
I have been waiting to find a reliable step-by-step approach to unlock iPhone 1st gen which has been knowingly/unknowingly upgraded to 2.1 by users. Since I have been getting quite a few mails of late asking for help on either downgrading 2.1 firmware to 1.1.4 or 1.1.3 or unlock/jailbreak 2.1 firmware. Let me remind you that “you cannot unlock iPhone 3G yet” – iphonedevteam is the only team working towards finding a software unlocking method that would unlock iPhone 3G. There are turbo sims which promises iPhone 3G unlocking, but they are highly unreliable and follow hardware unlocking methods.
Anyways, coming to a Dummies Guide to JailBreak iPhone 1st Gen which has been upgraded to 2.1 firmware. BigBoss, the developer behind sleepers.net has found a way to do this. Please follow this link if you would like to follow the complete info. I will pull up the exceprts from his blog.
Note – If you have never jailbroken, you don’t need to worry about this guide. Just hook your iPhone up to your computer and tap the “upgrade” button and wait. That’s it! Now proceed to the jailbreak guide of your choice.
- Before starting, upgrade your iTunes first. If you are moving to 2.1, you need iTunes 8. Upgrade that now. Download any version of iTunes from – FileHippo.com
- Install aptbackup from cydia and run it to backup your apps.
- Sync with iTunes. Do not get impatient and interrupt the backup. If you do, it will be corrupted and useless. You would lose everything on your restore. It might take hours in few cases.
- Restore your firmware.
- At this point, if you are a contract subscriber (AT&T or such) you need to activate your device in iTunes. Just hook it up and wait, it should auto activate allowing you to slide to unlock to icons. If you are unlocking, you probably see “slide for emergency” only. Do not do anything else in iTunes at this point. Disconnect your device from your computer. Do not restore your backup, do not set up as a new phone, just remove the device.
- Do not restore your backup in iTunes yet. Instead, jailbreak your device now. I suggest using quickpwn. You can follow bigboss’s guide here.
- Using Cydia, install aptbackup. This is the most important part, do not skip any of it. The rest of this step will allow you to correct any problems you encounter in the next steps.
a) Install open SSH.
b) If you had 5 icon dock installed before the upgrade, install that now also.
c) Install BossPrefs
- Restore your backup from iTunes.
- iTunes will restore your settings, contacts, notes, pictures, and all your apps. Now to restore the rest of your Cydia installs. Open aptbackup and hit restore. It should reinstall all your packages from Cydia.
- If you had a bunch of category folders and moved most things into it, the iTunes backup will have made these icons disappear. You can unhide them via BossPrefs.
發表迴響 so far